Blog Archive

PTP

Saturday, 16 May 2009

Unscripted Sketch Challenge #6




"Vintage Banjo Brooch Card"

with Matching thick style Envelope

With this card, I did a few things different. First, I normally make square cards, but today made the ever so popular 5 x 7 standard card size. It was a nice change and I did it using the always awesome Sketch from the "Unscripted Sketch Challenge" Second, I down loaded the picture of my envelope for this card to share with you. I used my own 'THICK' style A7 5 1/4" x 7 1/4" x 3/4"Envelope Kit. If you like my envelope and would like to make your own, you can find the KIT HERE! To view a tutorial on how easy these kits are to use, click HERE. The last thing I did different, was, I stuck pretty close to the sketch!! I think it was because I didn't make it square, so it was easier to follow a little closer to the sketch. It was so funny, because when I showed my husband, he couldn't believe how close It was. I always show him the sketch and then the card...most of the time he tells me they don't even look the same. This time he finally saw it!! LOL I added a vintage banjo brooch to this card. I designed the card so if the owner wants to remove the banjo for use, they can. Only minor disassembly is required, but I could not imagine taking the back off a perfectly good brooch just to put it on a card. Most of my brooch cards have broken brooches on them, but when I do use one that is working, I always try to keep it usable. It's like TWO gifts in one. I used a mini leather frame, sewing detail, metallic gold shading, faux leather trim, pearl bead work and the banjo has a pearl face and detailed sides (hard to see) The picture on this one really does not do the card justice, but I hope you can still enjoy it. (i just added the darker picture, but it's not much better) Not sure what to put on the inside...any ideas? I can't think of any sayings with "Banjo" or "Music" in it!! Help me :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

My Ping in TotalPing.com

My Blog List

My Musik

Chitika

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons