Blog Archive

PTP

Thursday, 7 July 2011

June reading list

Well, if my reading-pact buddy Kat thinks she had a slack reading month wait until she sees my effort. Or lack thereof. Anyway, my excuse for reading only one thing - the season eight Buffy The Vampire Slayer graphic novel finale - is being busy. Really busy. I'm leaving for Comic Con this Wednesday, so I've been drowning in arrangements and trying to get ahead of things at work. Lame, but true.This is a series I think started out really well, but descended into ridiculousness. I need some grounding in reality, after all, that’s what drew me to these characters and storylines in the first place. By the final third of the Season 8 finale I thought Joss Wheedon had got back to that and I’m really excited to see how things progress come Season 9, which is out later this year. RIP Giles.

I also got through this, which isn’t a book so I’m not including it in my 2011 reading list. However, it is a freakin’ fantastic collection of comics from The Argyle Sweater by Scott Hilburn, one of my personal faves. I can’t praise his wit and talent highly enough, just get your hands on it.

So, this month I’ve already read two proper books so my track record come August 1 will be considerably improved (I hope), especially once you factor in the travel-reading time I’ll have to and from America.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

My Ping in TotalPing.com

My Blog List

My Musik

Chitika

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons