Blog Archive

PTP

Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Mid Week Midnight Madness "Wood Paper Box" Tutorial

Welcome to the Midnight Madness
Mid Week Tutorial
If you are looking for our current sketch, click HERE
Today I am going to show you how I made my MMSC39 Wood Paper Box :) All I did was alter a paper box. You can alter just about any style box this way. This is a very simple technique, so lets get started. You can click any of the below pictures to enlarge if you like.
To start, you will need your paper cutter, some spray adhesive, your project box and some Wood Paper.You will find a large variety of Wood Papers at McMahon Five.

I decided to use the Bubinga Wood Paper to cover the whole box first. Cut Desired Wood paper to the correct size and shape of your project.

Many boxes break down easily and become flat, so keeping your eyes open for these types of boxes. They are your new best friends  :)

Spray some adhesive on your box. You can even use tape runner or sticky tape. Any aggressive adhesive will work.

Press to secure. If you are going to sew the edges, just a light adhesive is needed to hold the wood paper in place while sewing.

I used a double zig zag stitch down both edges to secure and finish sides. 

Cut out desired paper to cover the inside exposed parts of the box.

I then colored my main image, layered, glued the box back together. Added some Birch Wood Paper to the corners, some Hickory and a strip of Walnut before adding my final main image to the top.

For additional picture of this finished piece you can click HERE. Thank you all for stopping in to check out my Wood Paper box tutorial.

p.s. I forgot to take pictures of my Paper Purse Project while I was making it. So in the future when I make another one, I will show you how I made it.

If you get a chance, stop by my friends Sue's Store. She has a wonderful online store just stocked with Wood Papers.
          McMahon Five Designs
      Thank you
     Priscilla

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

My Ping in TotalPing.com

My Blog List

My Musik

Chitika

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons